Murgh Makhani in Delhi

 Ask me what my hypothetical last meal would be and on most days, I’ll say sushi. But on the other days, I’ll say murgh makhani with basmati rice and garlic naan bread.

Murgh makhani or butter chicken has been one of my all-time favorite meals ever since I first got a taste of it in college in the US. I had been wanting to try it in India for the longest time so when I finally got my chance, I didn’t waste an opportunity. All but one meal I had in Delhi was butter chicken, basmati rice, and naan bread. I couldn’t get enough of it.

Murgh makhani is a north Indian dish and is said to have been invented by the Moti Mahal restaurant in Delhi. I had it there and at several other restaurants and it was terrific every time.

For me, dipping freshly baked naan into a pot of butter chicken gravy is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Be sure to try it on your next trip to Delhi.

Murgh makhani

Comments

Popular Posts